Saturday, May 30, 2009

May Creations

My goodness, May is all but over so I thought I'd get my May cards on here before it's too late!

The HMSC May ATC theme was to use the first letter of your first name on the card and something that begins with that letter. I chose "D is for doughnut" as my official title, and D also could be for dessert which is nicely depicted on this DCWV paper in the form of cupcakes. I made three ATCs, one for the club swap, one for Tiffany, and one for me to keep! I used Stickles and small bugle beads for the doughnut icing with sprinkles.



My Mother's Day card was composed using the Spellbinder's Daisy Patch die which I chalked and the butterfly from the Bugs Die using "junk mail" card stock which I distressed using a nail buffing/sanding block. The M - Mother stamp is embossed with powder with glitter and was purchased for $1 from Joanns or Michaels. On the inside, I placed a couple of chalked & embossed daisies and stamped Happy Mother's Day and world's best MOM.


My Father's Birthday card is composed of an image that my friend, Michele, gave me that is from a discarded restaurant menu. I stamped "Special Thought for You" on the front and stamped "Happy Birthday" and a cake image with three candles on the the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment