Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tiffany's Visit & June 09 Stamp Club

Yeah! Tiffany came home for a visit and we had a busy time visiting Tombstone and Bisbee on Friday and attending stamp club and a card making class on Saturday. Tiffany is a former member of the HMSC and her visit was a big surprise as only one member knew that she would be there. Tiff visited a couple of her friends one night and oh, yes, of course we ate at or from various locations around town that Tiffany is fond of. I'm glad that Tiffany was able to visit the June meeting as we were having one of our shoebox parties which are held in months that nobody signs up to give a glass and is an idea that I brought back from my visits with Tiffany. The members in my shoebox group graciously gifted Tiffany with one of their card kits so she was able to participate in the shoebox making the various cards.

My shoebox entry was a Butterfly card that I had previously made for one of the Vegas Shoebox Parties so all I needed to do was prepare 4 kits for the other members in the group.

I love this Butterfly saying and you will see what it says below on my quarterly swap card.




June ATC: At the Beach . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Quarterly Swap: Butterflies

For the quarterly we had 15 participants with each of us making 15 cards thus receiving 15 different cards back, including one of our own. I used the Spellbinders die "Daisy Patch" to cut the window in the card then chalked the image. The Spellbinders "Butterflies 2" die was used to make the Butterfly and cut from old menus from "The Outback Restaurant" given to me by my friend, Michele. I distressed the butterfly using a fingernail sanding block. The saying was typed on the computer and printed onto vellum.

After the club meeting, Tiff and I grabbed a quick bite of lunch then headed to the local scrapbook store, "1000 Memories", where we made four cards using natural elements.




The peacock feather card originally had a small embossed turtle atop the cardstock strip and I replaced it with a peacock image.

No comments:

Post a Comment